Wednesday 1 May 2013

A project for every letter of the alphabet.

So the other day I got to thinking about all my planned projects and how some projects, even ones I am really excited about never get started as they keep getting 'bumped' by the next new project idea I come up with. So I had this idea that I would write them all down and put them in a planned order to do one at a time and try and stick to it.
(Good luck with that!)

I quickly realised that if I did this I would not get around to some projects for 10 years!
So I came up with an idea that what I needed to do was to divide all my projects into the year and allocate each project a month and do something for each project, even if I only did a little something towards a project it would keep all my projects moving forwards each year.

When I started to list my projects I thought 'blimey I must have a project for every letter of the alphabet' ... It turns out I nearly did. The only letter of the alphabet I did not have a project for was the letter 'Y' (Knock yourselves out!).

So over the past couple of weeks I have played with this idea and here is my plan. I couldn't cram all of my projects into a year so had to spread them over two years.

I will focus on a letter of the alphabet a month and try and paint as much as I can for the various projects I have on the go or planned starting with that letter.

So this month I will be painting up a few Amazons, a little something from Albion and Araby, some Fantasy Adventurers and some of the Avengers.

Next month ... well you get the picture ....

Obviously there is a fair bit of overlap between some of the 'projects' to give me some flexibility to return to some projects more often tha once every two years.
Here is the plan:

 
Month
Projects

May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr

A is for Amazons, Albion, Araby, Adventurers and Avengers Assemble (Super Heroes)
B is for Bretonnians, Beastmen Barbarians and Blood Bowl
C is for Chaos (Combined Inc: Chaos Warbands) Clerics and Castles
D is for Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dungeons and Dragons and also Dark Future
E is for Empire, Elves and Estalians and Elementals
F is for Forest Goblins, Fantasy Fighters and Fiend Factory and Fantastic Four
G is for Giants! Gnomes, Goblins and Ghouls
H is for High Elves, Halflings, Half-Orcs and Hobgoblins
I is for Imperial Dwarves
J is for Jungle Scenery
K is for Kislev, Khorne, Kobolds and Kremlo the Slaan
L is for Lizardmen, Lustria and the Lost and the Damned
M is for Men-at-arms, Mercenaries, Monsters, Man-o-War and Marvel (Superheroes)
N is for Norse, Normans, Night Goblins and Nurgle
O is for Orcs, Ogre Kingdoms, Oriental Heroes and Old West
P is for Pirates, Pygmies, Plains Wars and Pre-slotta
Q is for Warhammer Quest / Hero Quest
R is for Regiments of Renown, Realms of Chaos, Rouges and Rangers
S is for Skaven, Snotlings Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness and SAGA
T is for Tomb Kings, Tzeentch, Tilians, Townsfolk, Tunnels and Trolls
U is for Undead
V is for Vampire Counts and Vikings
W is for Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, White Wolves and Wizards
XYZ is for X-Men (Superheroes) Zombie Pirates and Zoats
 

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a grand plan. I tend to just have all things going at once :) keeps my painting table interesting.
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you pick up a Commissar Yarrick, a Prince Yriel and some Ymgarl Genestealers as soon as possible to rectify this lapse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Or "Your Choice?" Or maybe you have a Yeti figure? Or something Yellow?

    Anyway...sounds like a fun way to keep yourself motivated...we will expect regular updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay ... comments ... go me!

    @James ... Likewise ... My hobby room is a mess of half started projects ... all i am doing is formalising the arrangement. :D

    @Paul ... :D I was trying to avoid anything but fantasy projects ... mostly.

    @Blue ... Nearly went with Yhettis ... but I only have 3 ... not a whole army and i need to make a Yellow mould but niether really constitutes a project.

    It is just that ... one more attempt to stay motivated. I have to say i have had great fun trawling my hobby room for thingsbeginning with 'A'

    On top of the list of projects above I have found some Averlanders, some Assassins an Amber and an Amathyst wizard and a couple of old Ansell sculpts to keep me busy in between the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to pick up some Bretonnian Yeomanry then, it's only fair.

      Delete
  5. Intimidating much?

    Fantastic so pleased you have a blog account! Not that I dislike Warseer just that I dislike all forums more or less equally lol

    Been reading your thread for some time and it's always a joy. My wife often catches me misty eyed with a slack jaw expression on my face...wait ..that doesn't read as well as I intended...

    Excited - added to my blog list, reading pane whatsit...

    Ka kite ano.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paul
    Yeomanry .. YEOMANRY! Brilliant. :D

    @Minirol
    Glad you have found me here. Hope I can continue to bring joy and a slack jaw expression to your face.

    Try the oldhammer forum.
    Great for folks that go misty eyed at old minis.
    Theres also some painters there that make me look like I am fumbling around in the dark. :D

    ReplyDelete